Thursday, May 15, 2008

This whole thing is entirely too random. Sorry about that.

I can't sleep so I thought I'd blog. I taught my business class yesterday...it went pretty well, but I don't think I want to be a teacher for the rest of my life and I'm very happy that I didn't go to school for that.

I have one thing I'd like to brag about real quick...haha. Two days ago I knocked 31 seconds off of my fastest time from my normal running route. THEN, today I knocked ANOTHER 32 seconds off of that time! So, in four days, I am a full minute faster! Boston, here I come! Hehe, I wish :)

Tomorrow is the day that I would be moving into my new house in Cedar Falls if I were back home. That is pretty depressing to think about. I wish I could be there for that.

My parents brought tuna helper for me when they visited in April. Tonight I decided I couldn't wait any longer and I made it. AND, surprise surprise, I hate the entire thing. At first, I controlled myself, and put half of it in the fridge right away. But, as soon as I finished the other half...I got up, walked straight to the fridge (luckily it wasn't cold yet) and ate the rest. Self-control and I haven't been getting along very well lately.

Oh, another depressing thing...my whole family--and even my grandma--was at my house today getting ready for Dane's graduation party. Too many important events are going on and I have to miss them. Ugh. Oh yeah, and they will be serving BBQ pork sandwiches...one of my favorites.

On Monday Alberto came into my room and said, "I have a surprise." So, even though I had a ton of work to do, I went. He drove me to the other side of the lake and took me to this tower that is like 3000 feet high. Literally. We went to the top and you could see for MILES. It was gorgeous. The tower was so small though...only made for this purpose. There were probably 7 other people at the top...and not many more people would have fit.

Afterwards we went to this super fancy hotel and sat at this restaurant on the lake and drank an Almduler (this austrian soda that is AMAZING). Then we went back.

Wednesday morning I was trying to finish prepping for my business class when all of a sudden the cleaning lady walks in. There I am, sitting on my bed in my bra and underwear. Talk about embarrassing. So she begins cleaning the bathroom, and I put some pjs on. Any other day I would have left the room for a bit, but I had to finish this business thing. I told her she didn't have to clean today, but she insisted, so I just stayed and did my own thing. Not even ten minutes later, 3 other people walk into the room to do I don't even know what. They put like barcode labels on every piece of furniture in my room. Talk about awkward. I hadn't even brushed my teeth.

Today I laid out for 3 hours and then came home and an hour later emptied that box of tuna helper, went for my run, talked on skype to ten thousand people, and here I am. I think I can't sleep cuz I just watched a very intense episode of Lost and now I'm a bit scared. I think I'm just going to have to watch one more and hope that the next one ends on a more cheerful note.

Its already 2:45 am. Good thing all I have to do tomorrow is get a tan.

If it isn't already obvious that I miss you all and wish I was back home with everyone, I'll make it a bit more clear--I miss you all and wish I was back home with everyone.

Love Love Love,

Andi

No comments: