Wednesday, May 7, 2008

teaching ALREADY!

I'm not sure if I have talked about the business class that I am taking over here or not. But, it is a business class for german students that are learning english. The only reason I'm taking it is to get some ideas or lesson plans for when I begin teaching in China. I talked to the professor about it before the semester and she thought it was a great idea. So anyway, it's time for the mid-term exam. I didn't think it would be right for me to take it...and didn't want to be unfair to the rest of the class, so I asked my professor if there was something else I could do to make up for the points on the mid-term. And she suggested I get a head start on teaching, and teach the next lesson! She wants the topic to be either "Business in America," or "Buisnees in China," or both. Oh my gosh! I am so excited! But soooo scared! I'll be teaching next wednesday. My class is about 30 or 40 students.

Normally our professor has us doing lots of fun activities. Like getting in groups...or I don't know, we're just always walking around the room doing something different. So, I would like to do some sort of fun activity and not just have me stand in front of the room and talk by myself. If anyone has any suggestions at all, they would be GREATLY appreciated.

All the students speak great English, but they've been working on random things like...how to write with more formal English words that would be used on resumes, or emails, etc. But, like I said, she wants it to be a culturally based lesson. Alright, now throw me your ideas! :) ....you can always comment on this blog if you don't feel like going through the trouble of sending me an email. Thanks everyone, love you!

No comments: